Painting and decorating courses have seen various development in Sydney and Parramatta. The people who have a keen interest in art and craft can go for a Certificate IIIin Painting and Decorating.
Since the broad industry of painting and decorating requires a large range of skills, the universities even in the suburbs of Sydney and Parramatta provide an advanced level of learning. The course focuses on making you gain a full overview of the skills required to learn to work in the painting and decorating business. Our universities also teach you to start your own business utilising your brilliant skills.
The universities offer an online course that helps the students acquire the unique ability to study the curriculum in their own time and at their own speed and in their own space. Hence, you can work while you are studying this course.
Details of Painting and Joinery Courses
The course has many modules that range from 1 to 5.
Module 1: includes topics related to the introduction to painting and decorating. You will basically learn about what a person in the painting and decorating industry has to go through in a career, and what you should expect from your client and the job.
Module 2: helps you learn about health and safety in the painting and decorating industry. You will explore specifics of certain safety issues that you will meet whilst working in the painting and decorating industry. These issues can include the risk of electric shocks, fall from a wall, and more.
Module 3: focuses on painting the basics. You will get to know many different wall surface materials. This includes wall surfaces, painting floors, painting windows & doors, types of paint on the market, and preparing a surface for painting.
Module 4: focuses on the basics of wallpapering and tiling. You will be prepared to paint, prime the surface, paint simple walls and create effects, using special effects paint, and wallpapering.
Module 5: focuses on the way you should work towards Tiling and owning your Own Business. You will be made aware of tools required for tiling, measuring, planning your tile layout, starting your own painting and decorating business, and resources for small business owners.
Apart from basic literacy and numeracy skills, you will not be judged on your previous academic qualifications.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes:
You can get the best jobs in the industry after the course. They include:
- Painting and coating workers
- Decorating workers
- Spraying machine setters
- Operators and tenders
What Will Be Covered in This Painting Course?
The painting course will cover the following-
- Job of painter and decorator
- Availability of the common tools, equipment, adhesives, paints, and varnishes
- Industrial risks
- Personal protective equipment guide
- Ways to store and clean up your equipment
- Ways to set up and execute an emergency plan
- Identifying different wall surfaces
- The ways of painting and preparing different surfaces
- Cutting and applying wallpaper
- The ways to measure, cut, and lay tiles
- How to run your own business
- Resources present for a small business owner
Painting and Decorating Course provides you with a certificate of completion with a passing score. For an online course, you can get it through email.
What Services Do Painting Trades Workers Provide?
You will need to:
- Prepare surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothen and sealing surfaces
- Select and prepare paints to required colours by focusing on mixing portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying additives
- Apply paints, varnishes, and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers, and sprays
- Probably repair windows and replace glass in wooden and metal frames
- Probably lay and repair the wall and floor tiles
- Erect scaffolding and ladders, and place drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering
- Hang wallpaper, match patterns, and trim edges
- Clean equipment and work areas
Levels of courses, a student may take in the field of Painting and Decoration
- Certificate III in Painting and Decoration
- Diploma of Building and Construction
Why Apply for Painting and Decorating Courses with Needs Migration?
You can connect us for the course as we are comprehensive and transparent. We will help you collect documents in the process of migration as well.
Our expert team is inclined to provide the best assistance and a better future in Australia. If you are a foreign student, we can help you with all the immigration process, education, job, and even your legal permanent stay in Australia. For further queries, you can contact us on 0434 811 844 or e-mail us.
Pathway to Australian Permanent Residency
Complete a Certificate / diploma Course
Get your skills assessed positively by TRA (Trade Recognition Australia)
Lodge your EOI at once you acquire sufficient work experience and PR points
Get invited to apply for one of the permanent visa options