The Global Talent Visa Program, also known as the Global Talent Independent Program, is a streamlined visa pathway for highly skilled professionals to work and live permanently in Australia. The program targets individuals who are distinguished in their field and who are likely to be able to earn at least AU$158,500 in Australia.
To be granted a visa under the Global Talent Visa Program, a candidate should be highly skilled in one of the 10 target sectors (see below):
- Agri-food and AgTech
- Health Industries
- Defence, Advanced Manufacturing and Space
- Circular Economy
- Infrastructure and Tourism
- Financial Services and FinTech
The candidate must:
- prove they are internationally recognised with evidence of outstanding achievements
- still be prominent in their field of expertise
- provide evidence that they would be an asset to Australia, in their area of expertise
- have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in their field
- have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia nominate them as global talent, in the same field as the applicant
Candidates must meet a high standard and show an exceptional track record of professional achievement. This may include senior roles, patents, professional awards and international publications and memberships.