Why Study Wall and Floor Tiling?
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as the specialist field of work, wall, and floor tiling. The Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling equips you with the technical skills you need to take your career to the next level as a wall and floor tile professional. This qualification provides a trade outcome in wall and floor tiling for residential and commercial construction work.
This course provides you with everything you will need to know about tiling. You will gain on-the-job experience, as you develop a range of technical skills that can be used across the building and construction industry as a qualified tiler.
Pathway to Australian Permanent Residency
Complete a Certificate / diploma Course
Get your skills assessed positively by TRA (Trade Recognition Australia)
Lodge your EOI at once you acquire sufficient work experience and PR points
Get invited to apply for one of the permanent visa options
- Certificate III in Wall & Floor Tiling
ANZSCO Codes: 333411-333311
- 333411- Wall and Floor tiler
- 333311- Roof Tiler
- Lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
What services do Wall and Floor tiler provide?
- examining plans, measuring, and marking surfaces and laying out work.
- preparing wall and floor surfaces by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, filling holes and cracks, and cleaning surfaces.
- spreading adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles and setting tiles in position.
- using tile-cutting tools to cut and shape tiles needed for edges and corners, and around objects such as fittings and pipes.
- ensuring tiles are correctly aligned and spaced.
- grouting tiles, and cleaning and removing excess grout.
- applying waterproofing systems.
- may lay floors of granolithic, terrazzo, cement, or similar composition.
- may lay colored tiles in patterns to create mosaics.
- Ceramic Tiler
- Mosaic Tiler
- Roof Fixer
- Roof Slater